Pudding cake ｜ HidaMari Cooking's recipe transcription
- Sugar (caramel sauce) : 70g
- Water (caramel sauce) : 15g
- Hot water (caramel sauce) : 15g
- Whole egg (custard pudding) : Four
- Sugar (custard pudding) : 55g
- Milk (custard pudding) : 300g
- Fresh cream (custard pudding) : 200g
- Vanilla extract (custard pudding) : 2 tsp
- Whole egg (sponge cake) : 1 piece
- Sugar (sponge cake) : 30g
- Soft flour (sponge cake) : 30g
- Milk (sponge cake) : 10g
Make caramel sauce
Put sugar and water in a pan and heat. When it turns brown, remove the pot from the heat, add hot water and cover it. When it's settled down, put it in a cake mold and let it cool.
Make egg juice
Break the egg into a bowl, stir well, add sugar and stir again.
Warm milk and cream
Put milk, cream and vanilla extract in a pan and heat.
Make custard pudding liquid
Put the warm milk in the egg liquid, stir and rub with a strainer.
Make a sponge cake base
Put whole eggs and sugar in a bowl, mix with a hand mixer until it has a firmness, then add the sifted cake flour and mix with a rubber spatula. After adding the milk, mix again.
Put in a bowl
Pour the custard pudding liquid over the chilled caramel sauce while rubbing it with a strainer. Place the sponge cake base on it.
Bake in hot water
Put the pudding cake in a vat and pour hot water (outside the amount) to a height of about 2 cm. Bake in an oven preheated to 160 ° C for 20 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 150 ° C and bake for another 40 minutes.
Caramel sauce is easy to burn, so as soon as it turns brown, remove it from the heat and add hot water.
Turn off the milk and cream just before boiling.
When mixing the sponge cake base with a rubber spatula, mix it so that the whole egg that has been whipped is not crushed.